Two issues of The Geological Curator are published for each year (usually in the Spring and the Autumn); a complete volume consists of ten issues (covering five years) and an index.
Notes to authors
Authors will normally receive proofs of text for correction. Major articles are refereed. Copyright is retained by authors.
- If submitting articles, please note the following:
- Do not 'upper case' headings. Keep all headings in sentence case.
- Use italics rather than underline for latin names and expressions, journal names and book titles. Use bold for volume numbers in references.
- Single space your file. Use a single (hard) carriage return at the end of each paragraph.
- Single space-bar between words, double space-bar between sentences.
- Do not attempt to format your article into columns. Use a minimum of tabs and indents.
- Author names in the references should be in capitals.
- LOST AND FOUND enables requests for information concerning collections and collectors to reach a wide audience. It also contains any responses to such requests from the readership, and thereby provides an invaluable medium for information exchanges. All items relating to this column should be sent to the Editor (address above).
- FACT FILE contains basic information for the use of curators. All items relating to this column should be sent to the Editor.
- NOTES comprising short pieces of less than two pages are particularly welcome. Please send contributions to the Editor.
- BOOK REVIEWS contains informed opinion about recently published books of particular relevance to geology in museums. The Editor welcomes suggestions of suitable titles for review, and unsolicited reviews (of 500 words maximum) can be accepted at their discretion. Publishers should submit books for review to the Editor.
- INFORMATION SERIES ON GEOLOGICAL COLLECTION LABELS consists of reproductions of specimen labels usually written by a collector of historic importance. The aim of the series is to aid recognition of specimens originating from historically important collections. Contact the Editor.
Full A4 page: £80 per issue / Half A4 page: £60 per issue / Quarter A4 page: £40 per issue
25% discount for space bought in three or more issues. Please discuss options with the Editor.
Inserts such as publishers’ ‘flyers’ can be mailed with issues of The Geological Curator for a fee of £80 per issue (negotiable).
300 copies of any insert should be sent to the Editor.
Backnumbers of The Geological Curator (and its predecessor, the Newsletter of the Geological Curators’ Group) are available – please enquire with your requirements. All but the last two years are freely available for download from https://www.geocurator.org/journal