Dinosaur Trackways Field Workshop
19th October 2023, 8.30am-5.30pm, round trip from central Oxford
(Details of the Quarry will be provided to registered participants, if they would prefer to make their own way there)
This one day field workshop will teach participants how to clean out large sauropod footprints, and take measurements of both isolated prints and entire trackways. This is a practical field workshop, with hands on experience of working with dinosaur trackways. For this reason, participants must be able to move across uneven ground unaided.
- 8.30am: Leave central Oxford by minibus (if transport is required. Participants are welcome to self-drive to the Quarry which is a 30 minute drive north of the Museum)
- 9.30am: Arrive on site for briefing
- 10:15am: Short talk on Oxfordshire geology and quarry
- 10:30am: Participants will clean out footprints and learn techniques to record both isolated prints and entire trackways
- 12pm: Head off in minibus/own vehicle to a nearby pub for lunch
- 2pm: Workshop continues as above
- 4.30pm: Clean up and pack away
- 5pm: Depart Quarry for return to Oxford, or head off independently if in own vehicle
- 5:30pm: Arrive back central Oxford
- You will need to bring your own notebook and pencil, hard hat, high visibility vest, safety glasses, steel toe capped boots, and appropriate clothing.
- Cost £50 GCG members/£60 non-GCG members.
- Lunch is not included, but will be in a nearby pub.
- Members-only registration opens 15th September
- General registration opens 22nd September
- Limited to 12 places
- Registration closes 30th September 2023
When registration is open and there are places available, please use the form at the link above to book your place. If you are a member of GCG and have not received the advance booking password, please contact