- Registrations are now open for the Symposium on Toarcian Palaeobiology in June. We expect this to be a very popular event with international attendance, so be sure to book your place now. Click the banner above to find out more.
- Save the date - GCG is 50 years old in May this year. We have two days of celebrations planned in Leicester and nearby Charnwood Forest. Details coming soon
- We have made the recordings of our Winter AGM "Building Bridges" Seminar available to members - please login and head to the event page to watch them
The articles of Geological Curator 11(8) are available to members to download now here.
This print edition will be distributed early in 2024, but our membership has early online access to all the papers featured:
- Sorting a sticky situation
- Archives in lockdown
- Collections security
- Shackleton and Bruce
- Hiding in plain sight
- Still potentially deadly after all these years
Membership fees for 2024 were due on 1st January!
Membership payments for most members become due at the start of each year. If you pay using PayPal then you should already find the renew option is available in your website account. Your support is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please send an email to
We have recently opened a new bank account and would appreciate it if all BACS and SO payments are made into this one in the future. You should have received details of how to set up a new standing order for 2024 but do please contact us if you would like to be reminded.
Please note that as of January 2023, our rates have altered slightly to cover ever-increasing printing and postage costs for the journal. However, you can also keep your membership at the same level as it is currently by choosing electronic delivery for your journal. Think of the space saving on your already overloaded bookshelves...!
Your subscription will need to be up to date in order to access all journal issues published within the last two years as a rolling date. Members will receive the latest journal issues by e-mail, but you can also download higher resolution versions by logging into the website.
Please remember to set your preferences for print/electronic copies in your account, accessible using the "member login" function on the lower right of your screen.
We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic individuals who can help us out on our committee. You can get a good idea of the things we get up to by reading our annual reports, which are available from here. No specific experience is required, and we will provide you with any training you might need.
We always advertise specific trustee roles, but there is always other work to be done, so if you would like to help out, then have a read about what we do, and then get in touch to arrange an informal chat.