About 'Geological Curator'
Geological Curator publishes articles on hypothesis-driven studies which contribute novel results and/or perspectives of relevance to the care and management of geological collections and their use in teaching and engagement.
We are particularly interested in publishing articles which are practical, topical and of relevance to geological collections across the world.
The Geological Curator is the official journal of the Geological Curators’ Group (GCG) and has been published by the GCG since its first issue in 1974. There are two issues per year: in June and December, available in both electronic and print format. All accepted articles have been through peer review.
The most recent content (last two years) is available to GCG members only. Funding for the publication is derived from GCG income (primarily membership fees).
Issues older than two years are freely available from the GCG website (www.geocurator.org) via a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Public Licence (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/). Attribution should follow standard academic format, with the author(s) and year and link to a full reference.
Submitting a manuscript
Please carefully read through our Journal Policies and Guidance before submitting a manuscript for consideration.
Issues of The Geological Curator
The most recent four issues can only be accessed by current members through logging in to the website. Issues older than that are made freely available via this website. Back issues of some printed editions are still available.
- Treasures in Tins
- The Arroyo del Vizcaíno collection
- The preparator Richard Hall (b. 1839)
- Historical collections in museums
- The palaeontological collection at Folkestone Museum
- The long walk from the Carboniferous
- Obituary: Matthew Alastair Parkes
GCG members can download this file by logging in to the website
- Geological Curator Volume 1
- Geological Curator Volume 2
- Geological Curator Volume 3
- Geological Curator Volume 4
- Geological Curator Volume 5
- Geological Curator Volume 6
- Geological Curator Volume 7
- Geological Curator Volume 8
- Geological Curator Volume 9
- Geological Curator Volume 10
- Geological Curator Volume 11
Our online search portal is an exciting new development allowing current subscribers to the journal to search the full text of our back issues. The vast majority of our back catalogue has now been indexed, with new issues being added on a regular basis.