GCG useful links listing
We maintain a database of useful web links for geological curation. These vary from informative websites, through to suppliers of materials which may help you to carry out your job effectively.
There are too many links to show on one page, so please select a category to view below:Or you can enter a search term below:
- Novatron Scientific [supplier] - https://www.novatron.co.uk/ specialists in the supply and calibration of precision instruments and equipment for relative humidity, water activity, dew point, temperature & light. Our range of products and services extends from high accuracy hygrometers, data loggers and water activity meters to portable humidifiers/dehumidifiers and UKAS calibration services for a wide range of scientific and measuring equipment.
- Mindat [advice] - https://www.mindat.org/ Mindat.org is the world's largest open database of minerals, rocks, meteorites and the localities they come from. Mindat.org is run by the not-for-profit Hudson Institute of Mineralogy.
- National Parks Service Museum Handbook [advice] - https://www.nps.gov/museum/publications/handbook.html The Museum Handbook covers a broad range of topics to guide National Park Service staff in managing museum and archival collections.
- Tiranti [supplier] - https://tiranti.co.uk/ Tiranti supply a wide range of materials, equipment and tools to sculptors, modelmakers, mouldmakers, designers, prototypers, woodcarvers, stonecarvers, specialist plasterers, building picture and furniture restorers, potters and ceramicists.
- Labeling Natural History Collections [advice] - https://spnhc.biowikifarm.net/wiki/Labeling_Natural_History_Collections A useful review of techniques on SPNHC wiki pages
- MDA codes [advice] - https://collectionstrust.org.uk/mdacodes/ MDA codes are maintained by the Collections Trust on behalf of UK museums. MDA codes form part of unique numbering systems which link museum objects to their organisations.
No results yet - try a new search or check out these random links instead...
We provide these links in good faith in the anticipation that they will be of assistance to you in performing your job. However please be aware of the following facts before you proceed.
- These links are provided free of charge and GCG has not received any reward for their inclusion
- Links were correct at the time of entry on the database