GCG useful links listing
We maintain a database of useful web links for geological curation. These vary from informative websites, through to suppliers of materials which may help you to carry out your job effectively.
There are too many links to show on one page, so please select a category to view below:Or you can enter a search term below:
- What's Eating Your Collection? [advice] - http://www.whatseatingyourcollection.com/ What's Eating Your Collection is a website to help you understand what integrated pest management is, how to carry it out and how it can help you in your museum. It will also help you to identify the insects that you find and show you if you need to take action.
- Deposits magazine [supplier] - https://depositsmag.com/ Fossils, Geology & Minerals. Deposits is a highly acclaimed international printed and digital magazine with regular online content.
- Phase One [supplier] - https://www.phaseone.com/en.aspx Phase One A/S is the world-leading provider of medium format digital photography systems and imaging solutions for professional photographers and industrial applications.
- UK Registrars Group [organisation] - https://www.ukregistrarsgroup.org/ The UK Registrars Group is a non-profit association set up in 1979. It provides a forum for exchanging ideas and expertise between registrars, collection managers and other museum professionals in the United Kingdom, Europe and worldwide.
- National Parks Service Museum Handbook [advice] - https://www.nps.gov/museum/publications/handbook.html The Museum Handbook covers a broad range of topics to guide National Park Service staff in managing museum and archival collections.
- Geological Society of London [organisation] - https://www.geolsoc.org.uk/ The Geological Society of London is a not-for-profit organisation, and a registered charity (no. 210161). Its aims are to improve knowledge and understanding of the Earth, to promote Earth science education and awareness, and to promote professional excellence and ethical standards in the work of Earth scientists, for the public good.
No results yet - try a new search or check out these random links instead...
We provide these links in good faith in the anticipation that they will be of assistance to you in performing your job. However please be aware of the following facts before you proceed.
- These links are provided free of charge and GCG has not received any reward for their inclusion
- Links were correct at the time of entry on the database
Most jobs are advertised on-line - here we have compiled a list of possible sources for you to start your search from. Click through to see any vacancies that we know about, and to find a list of other websites. Good luck!
We no longer feature job adverts on this website as the staff overhead for generating listings is too high, however if you have posted your vacancy on Twitter or Facebook you can let us know via those channels and if we think it appropriate we'll pass it on to our members.