GCG useful links listing
We maintain a database of useful web links for geological curation. These vary from informative websites, through to suppliers of materials which may help you to carry out your job effectively.
There are too many links to show on one page, so please select a category to view below:Or you can enter a search term below:
- Novatron Scientific [supplier] - https://www.novatron.co.uk/ specialists in the supply and calibration of precision instruments and equipment for relative humidity, water activity, dew point, temperature & light. Our range of products and services extends from high accuracy hygrometers, data loggers and water activity meters to portable humidifiers/dehumidifiers and UKAS calibration services for a wide range of scientific and measuring equipment.
- Labeling Natural History Collections [advice] - https://spnhc.biowikifarm.net/wiki/Labeling_Natural_History_Collections A useful review of techniques on SPNHC wiki pages
- MDA codes [advice] - https://collectionstrust.org.uk/mdacodes/ MDA codes are maintained by the Collections Trust on behalf of UK museums. MDA codes form part of unique numbering systems which link museum objects to their organisations.
- Image Access [supplier] - https://www.imageaccess.de/?page=index&lang=en Manufacturers of high specification scanning equipment used in heritage digitisation.
- Association of Independent Museums [organisation] - https://www.aim-museums.co.uk/ AIM is a membership organisation, established in 1977 by the Directors of independent museums, who wanted to create a network for mutual help and support which would share good practice and create a voice for the specific needs of the growing independent sector. We support and champion independent museums, galleries and heritage organisations in the UK helping them to achieve their purposes and ensuring their needs are recognised and addressed by policy makers, funders and other organisations working in the sector.
- Mineral Web [advice] - http://www.minweb.co.uk/ A web site for 3D display of mineral structures
No results yet - try a new search or check out these random links instead...
We provide these links in good faith in the anticipation that they will be of assistance to you in performing your job. However please be aware of the following facts before you proceed.
- These links are provided free of charge and GCG has not received any reward for their inclusion
- Links were correct at the time of entry on the database