GCG useful links listing
We maintain a database of useful web links for geological curation. These vary from informative websites, through to suppliers of materials which may help you to carry out your job effectively.
There are too many links to show on one page, so please select a category to view below:Or you can enter a search term below:
- Geologists Association [organisation] - https://geologistsassociation.org.uk/ Since its formation in 1858, the GA has actively promoted the study of geology to all who are interested in the past, present and future of the natural world. It is a friendly and inclusive organisation and welcomes everyone, regardless of the level of their knowledge.
- Geo-Ed [supplier] - http://www.geoed.co.uk/ We are a small company that specialises in making fossil replicas, chiefly for use in education and by museums. Our replicas can be seen on display in many important museums and touring exhibitions in Britain. GeoEd's replica fossils are near-perfect museum specimens that are are now being made more widely available to the general public.
- UK Registrars Group [organisation] - https://www.ukregistrarsgroup.org/ The UK Registrars Group is a non-profit association set up in 1979. It provides a forum for exchanging ideas and expertise between registrars, collection managers and other museum professionals in the United Kingdom, Europe and worldwide.
- Fossil Record [organisation] - https://www.fossil-record.net/index.html Fossil Record is the palaeontological journal of the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin. This journal was founded in 1998 under the name Mitteilungen aus dem Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, Geowissenschaftliche Reihe and appears with two issues each year. Fossil Record publishes original papers in all areas of palaeontology including the taxonomy and systematics of fossil organisms, biostratigraphy, palaeoecology, and evolution. All taxonomic groups are treated, including invertebrates, microfossils, plants, and vertebrates.
- Natural History Conservation [supplier] - http://www.natural-history-conservation.com/ We conserve, prepare, mount and curate natural history specimens in museums, National Trust properties, private collections etc. This includes geology (especially fossils), taxidermy, osteology, botany, freeze-dried and spirit-preserved specimens.
- Hanwell Environmental Monitoring Systems [supplier] - https://www.the-imcgroup.com/brand/hanwell-environmental-monitoring/ The Hanwell environmental monitoring and control range is the result of more than 25 years design and production expertise at The IMC Group Ltd.
No results yet - try a new search or check out these random links instead...
We provide these links in good faith in the anticipation that they will be of assistance to you in performing your job. However please be aware of the following facts before you proceed.
- These links are provided free of charge and GCG has not received any reward for their inclusion
- Links were correct at the time of entry on the database
Most jobs are advertised on-line - here we have compiled a list of possible sources for you to start your search from. Click through to see any vacancies that we know about, and to find a list of other websites. Good luck!
We no longer feature job adverts on this website as the staff overhead for generating listings is too high, however if you have posted your vacancy on Twitter or Facebook you can let us know via those channels and if we think it appropriate we'll pass it on to our members.