GCG useful links listing
We maintain a database of useful web links for geological curation. These vary from informative websites, through to suppliers of materials which may help you to carry out your job effectively.
There are too many links to show on one page, so please select a category to view below:Or you can enter a search term below:
- Image Access [supplier] - https://www.imageaccess.de/?page=index&lang=en Manufacturers of high specification scanning equipment used in heritage digitisation.
- UK Committee of the International Council of Museums [organisation] - http://uk.icom.museum/ ICOM UK is the national branch of ICOM in the United Kingdom. It is a gateway to the global museum community and the only UK museum association with a dedicated international focus. It offers access to 20,000 museums in 172 countries, 32,000 museum colleagues throughout the world and 31 professional committees. It is an organisation which promotes intangible heritage and the preservation of material heritage. It develops best practice standards for the world- wide museum industry and, through its global reach and events programme, contributes to the international agenda of museums in the UK.
- Fossil Record [organisation] - https://www.fossil-record.net/index.html Fossil Record is the palaeontological journal of the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin. This journal was founded in 1998 under the name Mitteilungen aus dem Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, Geowissenschaftliche Reihe and appears with two issues each year. Fossil Record publishes original papers in all areas of palaeontology including the taxonomy and systematics of fossil organisms, biostratigraphy, palaeoecology, and evolution. All taxonomic groups are treated, including invertebrates, microfossils, plants, and vertebrates.
- US Geological Survey [organisation] - https://www.usgs.gov/ Created by an act of Congress in 1879, USGS has evolved over the ensuing 125 years, matching its talent and knowledge to the progress of science and technology. USGS is the sole science agency for the Department of the Interior. It is sought out by thousands of partners and customers for its natural science expertise and its vast earth and biological data holdings.
- Collections Trust [advice] - http://collectionstrust.org.uk/ Collections Trust helps museums capture and share the information that gives their objects meaning. Our standards and advice are used around the world to make museum collections accessible. The core of our work is Spectrum, the collection management standard. As a Sector Support Organisation, within Arts Council England's National Portfolio, we are here to help your museum.
- Hanwell Environmental Monitoring Systems [supplier] - https://www.the-imcgroup.com/brand/hanwell-environmental-monitoring/ The Hanwell environmental monitoring and control range is the result of more than 25 years design and production expertise at The IMC Group Ltd.
No results yet - try a new search or check out these random links instead...
We provide these links in good faith in the anticipation that they will be of assistance to you in performing your job. However please be aware of the following facts before you proceed.
- These links are provided free of charge and GCG has not received any reward for their inclusion
- Links were correct at the time of entry on the database