GCG useful links listing
We maintain a database of useful web links for geological curation. These vary from informative websites, through to suppliers of materials which may help you to carry out your job effectively.
There are too many links to show on one page, so please select a category to view below:Or you can enter a search term below:
- What's Eating Your Collection? [advice] - http://www.whatseatingyourcollection.com/ What's Eating Your Collection is a website to help you understand what integrated pest management is, how to carry it out and how it can help you in your museum. It will also help you to identify the insects that you find and show you if you need to take action.
- Bentley Advanced Materials [supplier] - https://www.benam.co.uk/ Specialised moulding and casting covers a wide spectrum of activity, from industrial applications through to artistic creations and fabrications. We stock rubbers, plastics, epoxies, foams, plasters and a whole host of ancillary products to cover all these areas.
- STASHc [advice] - http://stashc.com/ This website provides information and tools so that institutions of all types, sizes and resource levels can learn how to create safe and appropriate storage solutions. These solutions were written by and for collection care professionals in all fields.
- Meaco Measurement and Control [supplier] - https://meaco.co.uk/ Providing a range of environmental monitoring and control equipment to include data loggers, handheld devices, humidifiers, de-humidifiers and controllers. Specialising in environmental monitoring and control for museums, archives and galleries.
- Collections Trust [advice] - http://collectionstrust.org.uk/ Collections Trust helps museums capture and share the information that gives their objects meaning. Our standards and advice are used around the world to make museum collections accessible. The core of our work is Spectrum, the collection management standard. As a Sector Support Organisation, within Arts Council England's National Portfolio, we are here to help your museum.
- Smooth-On Inc. [supplier,advice] - https://www.smooth-on.com/ You may never have heard of us, but you've seen our products at work. If you've ever been to the movies, admired a piece of sculpture, marveled at detailed architectural ornamentation or used a telephone; then you've encountered the handiwork of people who use Smooth-On rubbers, plastics, foams and other products to turn their ideas into 3-dimensional reality.
No results yet - try a new search or check out these random links instead...
We provide these links in good faith in the anticipation that they will be of assistance to you in performing your job. However please be aware of the following facts before you proceed.
- These links are provided free of charge and GCG has not received any reward for their inclusion
- Links were correct at the time of entry on the database