GCG useful links listing
We maintain a database of useful web links for geological curation. These vary from informative websites, through to suppliers of materials which may help you to carry out your job effectively.
There are too many links to show on one page, so please select a category to view below:Or you can enter a search term below:
- Subject Specialist Networks [organisation] - https://subjectspecialistnetworks.org.uk/ This website draws together information about all of the Subject Specialist Networks in the UK. But what is a Subject Specialist Network (SSN)? The main aim of each SSN is to provide advice and guidance about collections, acquisitions, preservation, access, and research on a specific subject area.
- Geological Society of London [organisation] - https://www.geolsoc.org.uk/ The Geological Society of London is a not-for-profit organisation, and a registered charity (no. 210161). Its aims are to improve knowledge and understanding of the Earth, to promote Earth science education and awareness, and to promote professional excellence and ethical standards in the work of Earth scientists, for the public good.
- National Parks Service Museum Handbook [advice] - https://www.nps.gov/museum/publications/handbook.html The Museum Handbook covers a broad range of topics to guide National Park Service staff in managing museum and archival collections.
- Association of Independent Museums [organisation] - https://www.aim-museums.co.uk/ AIM is a membership organisation, established in 1977 by the Directors of independent museums, who wanted to create a network for mutual help and support which would share good practice and create a voice for the specific needs of the growing independent sector. We support and champion independent museums, galleries and heritage organisations in the UK helping them to achieve their purposes and ensuring their needs are recognised and addressed by policy makers, funders and other organisations working in the sector.
- MDA codes [advice] - https://collectionstrust.org.uk/mdacodes/ MDA codes are maintained by the Collections Trust on behalf of UK museums. MDA codes form part of unique numbering systems which link museum objects to their organisations.
- Preservation Equipment [supplier] - https://www.preservationequipment.com/ Products and supplies for the conservation and preservation of artefacts, artwork and archives for conservators, librarians, curators, archivists, photographers and more
No results yet - try a new search or check out these random links instead...
We provide these links in good faith in the anticipation that they will be of assistance to you in performing your job. However please be aware of the following facts before you proceed.
- These links are provided free of charge and GCG has not received any reward for their inclusion
- Links were correct at the time of entry on the database