GCG useful links listing
We maintain a database of useful web links for geological curation. These vary from informative websites, through to suppliers of materials which may help you to carry out your job effectively.
There are too many links to show on one page, so please select a category to view below:Or you can enter a search term below:
- British Geological Survey [organisation] - http://www.bgs.ac.uk/ The British Geological Survey is a world-leading geological survey. It focuses on public-good science for government, and research to understand earth and environmental processes.
- Geological collections - a guide to standards in their preservation and care [advice] - https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/geological-collections-a-guide-to-standards-in-their-preservation-and-care/ Geological collections contain a wealth of information. Their scientific interest embraces the history of the whole of plant and animal life in the form of fossils, the planet Earth as rocks and minerals, a wide range of physical materials and chemicals, and the history of science through collections as entities and their associated archives. Museums and geological collections vary greatly, ranging from the small local collection with specimens of relatively restricted provenance to the national museums with enormous ranges and numbers, and because so many activities go to make up curation. There is, however, a consensus among geologists and museum professionals on how such curation should be exercised.
- UK Registrars Group [organisation] - https://www.ukregistrarsgroup.org/ The UK Registrars Group is a non-profit association set up in 1979. It provides a forum for exchanging ideas and expertise between registrars, collection managers and other museum professionals in the United Kingdom, Europe and worldwide.
- Collections Trust [advice] - http://collectionstrust.org.uk/ Collections Trust helps museums capture and share the information that gives their objects meaning. Our standards and advice are used around the world to make museum collections accessible. The core of our work is Spectrum, the collection management standard. As a Sector Support Organisation, within Arts Council England's National Portfolio, we are here to help your museum.
- Deposits magazine [supplier] - https://depositsmag.com/ Fossils, Geology & Minerals. Deposits is a highly acclaimed international printed and digital magazine with regular online content.
- Heritage Volunteering Group [advice,organisation] - http://www.heritagevolunteeringgroup.org.uk/ At the Heritage Volunteering Group our mission is to help you unlock the power of volunteering through collaboration and sharing best practice.
No results yet - try a new search or check out these random links instead...
We provide these links in good faith in the anticipation that they will be of assistance to you in performing your job. However please be aware of the following facts before you proceed.
- These links are provided free of charge and GCG has not received any reward for their inclusion
- Links were correct at the time of entry on the database