We maintain a database of useful web links for geological curation. These vary from informative websites, through to suppliers of materials which may help you to carry out your job effectively.
There are too many links to show on one page, so please select a category to view below:Or you can enter a search term below:
- Subject Specialist Networks [organisation] - https://subjectspecialistnetworks.org.uk/ This website draws together information about all of the Subject Specialist Networks in the UK. But what is a Subject Specialist Network (SSN)? The main aim of each SSN is to provide advice and guidance about collections, acquisitions, preservation, access, and research on a specific subject area.
- Conservation by Design [supplier] - http://www.cxdglobal.com/ Since 1992 Conservation by Design (CXD) has provided a comprehensive range of high quality conservation storage and display products including furniture, showcases acid-free boxes, museum boards and specialist papers to Museums, Galleries, Libraries and Archives worldwide.
- Mindat [advice] - https://www.mindat.org/ Mindat.org is the world's largest open database of minerals, rocks, meteorites and the localities they come from. Mindat.org is run by the not-for-profit Hudson Institute of Mineralogy.
- Geo-Ed [supplier] - http://www.geoed.co.uk/ We are a small company that specialises in making fossil replicas, chiefly for use in education and by museums. Our replicas can be seen on display in many important museums and touring exhibitions in Britain. GeoEd's replica fossils are near-perfect museum specimens that are are now being made more widely available to the general public.
- Novatron Scientific [supplier] - https://www.novatron.co.uk/ specialists in the supply and calibration of precision instruments and equipment for relative humidity, water activity, dew point, temperature & light. Our range of products and services extends from high accuracy hygrometers, data loggers and water activity meters to portable humidifiers/dehumidifiers and UKAS calibration services for a wide range of scientific and measuring equipment.
- Preservation Equipment [supplier] - https://www.preservationequipment.com/ Products and supplies for the conservation and preservation of artefacts, artwork and archives for conservators, librarians, curators, archivists, photographers and more
No results yet - try a new search or check out these random links instead...
We provide these links in good faith in the anticipation that they will be of assistance to you in performing your job. However please be aware of the following facts before you proceed.
- These links are provided free of charge and GCG has not received any reward for their inclusion
- Links were correct at the time of entry on the database